Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Verdict: GUILTY. The lot of 'em.

I stand accused of wasting an hour and a half of my life last night watching BBC2's The Verdict. I hang my head in shame and plead guilty and ask for countless other similar telly violations of my freedom to be taken into consideration. My sentence? To watch the remaining episodes of this absurdly enjoyable tripe.

I missed the opening up of this "case", so I'm slightly off the pace, but that hasn't hindered me from easing into the role of a hang 'em high judge and jury. In fact, I couldn't give a bowl of salty porridge about the blokes in the dock, or the weepers in witess box. No, naturally, I'm judging all the celebrities. They're all in the dock here, of course that's what this is about - it's a reality show with a stocking over its grubby little face as a disguise. And I know for certain they are all GUILTY.

Yep, guilty, I say. First up is chuffing Ingrid Tarrant. She is guilty of suddenly making me feel empathy with Chris for going AWOL in his marriage. Next is Jennifer Wotshername-like for giving further incontrovertible evidence - recently displayed by Danielle Windyarse-like from CBB - that the scouse accent is the most tikcth (sic: thick) sounding and irritating in Britain. Then there is the ex-soap Ginga, up on charges of continuing to impersonate a bad EastEnders character. Her claim that she is just a Patsy is inadmissable.

Then there's the bloke from Blur - Alex James - who looks like he is a few glugs away from rehab'. (Apologies if he is actually in recovery). I interviewed Collymore and Archer last year, so I know their form. Therefore, I convict them both without a pause for breath. Well, let's face it, Collymore is always upto no good and Archer is always guilty. Who have I missed? Oh, yes, Jacqueline Gold. She is so quiet I think she must have been winded by sitting on an oversize Rampant Rabbit. Then we have old rubber nose, bloaty-face Michael Portillo. He is guilty of making me think that he is actually half-sensible, such is the company he keeps. There are a few others who are simply guilty of table manners affray and for consuming stolen goods - champagne and lorry-loads of food - all proven to be owned by hard-up Licence Payers.

But the main culprit in The Verdict so far is Megaman - or MegaChippyMan. He is exercising his right to remain silent with a violent stare. He has brought a stack of pre-conceived ideas, personal issues and prejudices into the jury room and dat ain't allowed, man. His main crime, however, is being caught in possession of an over-loaded, dangerous wardrobe, including diamonte studded CK sunglasses worn with no sense of embarrassment in a darkened dining room. He stands accused of using this wardrobe with malicious intent to pass off as a successful gangsta rapper.

Everyone in this show keeps saying - "You've got to go on the EVIDENCE". Well, I've seen enough, yer Crusty Old Honour.

Take 'em all down.

A line about me...

My photo
Journalist, founder of Access Interviews.com, creator of The Definite Article interview column in Daily Mail's Weekend magazine.